I randomly decided to put this little mix together this afternoon. It’s a quick 30 minute listen. I’ll post the tracklisting below. Share & Enjoy!
01. Jam Intro
02. Kanye West – Good Life
03. Childish Gambino – Redbone (Agile Edit)
04. Notorious BIG – Kick In The Door (Okay TK Refix)
05. Omarion – W4W
05. Action Bronson – Let Me Breathe
06. Jay-Z – Bounce With Me (Pump Edit)
07. Vince Staple Ft. Juicy – Big Fish
08. Shake It Baby (Hedspin Edit)
09. Justin Bieber X Major Lazer – Let Me Love You Krazy
10. Brandy – I Wanna Be Down (Owl Banks Remix)
11. Chance The Rapper Ft Knox Fortune – All Night (Casual Thump Edit)
12. Full Crate – Get Right
13. Dam Funk – Hood Pass Intact
I hope everyone had a safe and fun #canadaday weekend. my weekend went well and I was able to enjoy myself.
It’s been a couple of weeks since I’ve posted about the books ive been reading. at the moment im reading 3 new ones I picked up the other week when I was at #chapters.
I came across this book called ‘the art of discarding’. im almost finished it and so far its been a pretty good read. it basically breaks down some strategies on getting rid of unnecessary items within your home. did you know that there is 300,000 items in the average (american) home?! that’s a lot of things!
my friends would be able to tell you that im a pretty organized person in general. I personally don’t like a lot of clutter and over the last couple months ive challenged myself to start removing more items from my home that i havent used in 3-6 months. I try to apply the ‘3-6 month’ idea to clothing items. if I havent worn something within that time span, I probably don’t need to have it taking up space.
I also try to apply some of these rules and ideas to my ‘dj life’. im constantly going through and organizing my music library. im always coming across songs that I will never play. ive only been keeping music that I like and that is relative to the events I play. I couldn’t think of any real reason for me keeping my ‘progressive drum and bass’ folder anymore (ha!).
all in all, I do find cluttering satisfying to some extent and I would recommend that you try it every now and again.
I know, I know, it isn’t July yet but this mix is FOR July. I do these monthly R&B mixes for an event called “Bump N Grind”. It’s a (mostly) 90s inspired R&B event. If you are ever in the area of Halifax, Nova Scotia, you should try and make it out to one of these events. They are pretty dope! Ill post the event information for the next one coming this July 1st (Canada Day). Until then, enjoy the mix!
01. Zhane – Sending My Love
02. Jimmy Cozier – Shes All I Got
03. Eric Benet Ft. Faith Evans – Georgy Porgy
04. D’Angelo – Feel Like Making Love (Double A Edit)
05. Faith Evans – All Night Long
06. Jill Scott – Golden
07. Kenny Latimore – Weekend
08. Ll Cool J – Aint Nobody
09. Next – Wifey
10. Joe – Im In Luv (Ghetto Lab Remix)
11. The Boys – Dial My Heart
12. Trey Songz – Missing You
13. Ideal – Whatever
Facebook Event Link: Bump & Grind Event
Here is the June (slow jam) edition of Bump & Grind. For those who don’t know, this mix is in collaboration with a monthly R&B event I do where we play nothing but R&B music from the late 80s/90’s/2000’s.
This Bump & Grind event takes place in Halifax, Nova Scotia inside Lion & Bright. If you are in town, come out and have some fun.
This mix is a small sample of the music that will be played throughout the evening. Enjoy!
01. Jodeci – Love U 4 Life
02. R. Kelly – You Remind Me Of My Jeep
03. Aaliyah – One In A Million
04. Montell Jordan – Lets Ride (Remix)
05. Tyrese – Sweet Lady
06. Ready For The World – Love You Down
07. Silk – Freak Me
08. Mint Condition – Breakin My Heart
09. Ginuwine – Pony
Event information: Click Here For The Facebook Event Page